Chronic stress is when the sympathetic nervous system is aroused. Epinephrine, norepinephrine and corticosteroids are released into your system that cause short term and long term effects.
● Heart Rate increases
● Respiration rate increases
● Blood rushes to arms and legs(creates anxious sensation)
● Tunnel vision
● Brain function is limited
● Brain loses the ability to learn over time
● Heart issues
● Standoffish defensive/mood swings
● Body stuck in fight or flight mode
Dr. Richard Eleftherios Boyatzis (born October 1, 1946) is a Greek American organizational theorist and Distinguished University Professor in the Departments of Organizational Behavior, Psychology, and Cognitive Science at Case Western Reserve University, Adjunct Professor in People/Organizations at ESADE, as well as HR Horvitz Professor of Family Business. He is considered an expert in the field of emotional intelligence, behavior change, and competence.
The basis of Intentional Change Theory is what we call “the five discoveries.” These are: